Saturday, 3 April 2010

Could have been better . . .

Ok so maybe expecting 3 weeks of good news was pushing the law of sod a bit far for us but still I was hoping that we were finally choosing the easy path but it was not meant to be :-(

Cameron is still infection free in his socket and the swelling has gone down so much he no longer has to wear a patch - thats all very positive and im so relieved that he is still infection free.

BUT the fat implant has attached itself to his eyelids meaning there is no pocket for his eye to be in !! Now heres the bit that has got me so upset - in order to make a pocket for his eye we have to force his eye in and slowly break the fat away from the eyelid. Well in the hospital they did whilst using local anaesthetic - at home we did it with nothing and seriously Cameron hit the roof with the pain he was suddenly in ! Needless to say we immediately took it out and I have told the hospital i Cant do it without local anaesthetic drops like they used. The nurse apologised and said she hadn't really thought about that and has posted some out to us ! I'm just hoping because its the Easter holiday they wont turn up now until Wednesday when we are going back anyway and they can do it !!

I know that's passing the buck but I just cant do it to him - I starting to fully believe i need to start saying No and just being mom to him not nurse maid teacher and everything else !

So it was not the best news on Wednesday but not the worst either !

No comments:

Post a Comment