This last week has been such a roller coaster of emotion and my head is in a spin !!
I'm gonna start at the beginning and hopefully not ramble on too much !!
Last Friday I had a phone call from a friend who broke the news to me that she had just read that he foreign currency firm we were using had gone bankrupt ! My heart sank we had literally sent them all our spending money and with just 7 weeks to go I felt like someone had just punched me in the stomach and took away the only thing that had kept us going for months !!
SO after many frantic calls to various places I found out it was indeed true and the chances of getting any money from them were slim!!
At this point I phoned the travel Insurance to say we wee unable to travel as we didn't have any money to go with - the answer was that that didn't stop us from travelling it just was a minor inconvenience.
I made a vow many years ago that I was never going to cry over money its the one thing that I refuse to allow any tears as crying wont help one jot !
So we were left with no option but to go but how do we get any money to go with ??
Cue the most fantastic friends who made me see that they all wanted to help and that they collectively could make a difference!! My best friend ignored my plea for no one to send money and set up a face book plea for money to help us to be able to have a little bit of what we lost back! I'm so grateful for this but it still makes me squirm a little - I hate asking for help at the best of times but asking for money even worse !! In the end I ease my conscience with its for my kids and without help they really couldn't have any souvenirs at all !!
So that is the whole weekend took up with the sorry saga of currency and if i never hear the words crown currency again it will be too soon !!
Monday sees the BBC contact us about doing an interview about said currency I was torn between my desperation to get some money back and the fact that we don't sell our sob story - we have had many opportunity's in the past and always turned them down ! I hate people asking about Cam when we are out and about putting ourselves on t.v was so not going to help that ! So i politely turned them down all 6 interviews were turned down prompting Cameron to tell me I was stopping him from becoming a celebrity !! Gotta love that kid !!!
Wednesday saw us back at the children's hospital all day whilst Cam was checked over as he was in pain again and we had to resort to taking his eye back out for comfort ! Cam has another new growth of scar tissue but this time under his eyelid and attached by a slither !! it is the size of a pea s we are back on steroids to try and shrink the growth and prevent the need for surgery!
We find out if we will need surgery only 3 weeks before we are due to fly to Florida !! We have however decide that no matter what as long as the hospital don't withdraw the signature on the fit to fly certificate we have we are going !! We so as a family need a break and even with little money and a cloud f further surgery hanging over us we will relax as soon as we step on that plane and that's moe important than anything else !
Friday was a lovely day where we got to see Keira sing with her fellow classmates fro the very first time in assembly she has grown so much in confidence and was shining so bright on the stage !! Where has my baby girl gone??
Somewhere in amongst all of this I realised just how Lucky we are - we have 4 beautiful children still and this time last year that was all I was hoping I wold be able to say !!
Sure losing the spending money was rubbish and going back on steroids is not ideal but Cameron is still with us and for now that makes me the happiest mom around !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment