Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Yay we got snow !!!

Yay after the whole country apart from us has had snow for weeks we finally got some last night and we woke up to a nice white blanket over everything.
Wayne had to go to work and my poor eldest Ben had to go to school but the primary school and nursery kindly closed and allowed us to have a day of fun in the snow - fab. After excitedly running round like maniacs we did eventually build a daddy snowman and a Ben snowman - so heres our edited family pic - Im sure you will agree that the likeness to them both is astoundingly good :-) I should also point out that Cameron is holding a snow pie that he made for the snowmans dinner I mean even snow men get hungry - right??
Then I explained to the kids what snow angels were and sure enough they all needed a go!! Cam hates the snow normally but said he wanted to try lying in it but you can see Hes not exactly loving it like the other 2 !!I was so proud to see him even have a go as last year he didnt even leave the house and this year we are lying it - Go Cameron!!


Keira loved lying in the snow when we came in she was soaked through and she was the only one to stay out right to the bitter end!!




So a great but hectic day had by all apart from Ben - who bless him missed out on all the fun!! Im not that sure that I did the right thing sending him to school but if its open then I felt he really should go !! Looking out the window at the melting snow and knowing just how upset he is going to be about not going out in it makes me think that even at 11 - sometimes fun has to come first. But oh well you live and learn and theres always next time x


2 comments:

  1. Looks like they had a blast! My girls have been annoyed because it seems to only storm on weekends here this year. Last year they had 11 snow days (that's only a couple more then normal for us) but this year not a one so far. Our last storm dumped 30cm on us (average storm snow fall for us) but it happened on a Sat so had no impact on school. I look forward to storm days since I don't work in the winter and snow closures means mommy gets to sleep in too!

    Applemomma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah having 1 child in school did kind of scupper my plans of a lie in!!
    Hope your girls get a snow day soon and you get that well deserved lie in.

    ReplyDelete