Saturday, 20 February 2010

4 days to go . . .

So its all official now I have my piece of paper from the children's hospital telling me that we need to be on the ward for 8am on Wednesday - very scary.

We have also been told that we will be staying in for at least 1 night but anything up to 4 nights so that Cam can remain settled and then when we are discharged community nurses will be able to administer pain relief through a cannula in Cams hand. In theory its all perfect but in practice a hospital stay is just so traumatic for our whole family.
My other 3 kids are so use to seeing Cam after operations but even they have got the idea if he is staying in it must be a big operation. Daniel has started crying at the drop of a hat over everything and when he is pushed he will always say I cant do it ill miss Cam too much. Cam has been crying because he doesn't want to stay in and Keira has been so clingy I'm sure she has become a part of me.
Nobody ever realises the impact that having a sick child has on the siblings and its heartbreaking to see them all so upset.
On a happier note my back is improving everyday and I can walk now just as long as I don't have to bend down ill be fine.
We are going to see the play therapist on Monday to try to get Cameron to accept the cannula in his hand without too much of a fuss so ill update with how that goes and then ill update after weds.
Take care everyone and thank you so much for all the good will messages really means a lot x x

No comments:

Post a Comment