Monday, 22 February 2010

Play therapy

Well as promised an update on play therapy with Cameron.
I was sent away for a wander round the hospital while the play specialist chatted to Cameron - I was a little apprehensive about leaving him in case anything she said prompted a meltdown but I left my mobile number and found a nice quiet place for a coffee and a sit down.
Cam meanwhile was busy painting a plate with the Jeff Hardy sign and also making himself a new tshirt ready to wear on weds when he goes into hospital. The tshirt is just the most brilliant thing I have ever seen Cam draw and im determined to take a picture of him wearing it !!
While he was doing all the fun stuff the play specialists talked him through his anxieties and fears and whilst I dont exactly know what they are I do think he is a lot happier and defiantly calmer about the whole thing. So a massive thumbs up to the play specialists for that.

He did make me laugh though after declaring he had had so much fun he quickly followed it up with - " But I still get a bravery present for talking about it though don't I ??"
That kids Knows how to milk it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment