Wednesday, 3 February 2010

sometimes its justbest not to think at all ...

Today has just been a whirlwind
Cams eye fell out at lunchtime no big drama there off I went popped it back in only instead of him wondering off to class this time he turned round took 3 steps and it popped out again. It was a bit like one of those toys that you press down and then pressure builds up and it pops up and hits the ceiling !!
Trying hard not to show alarm in my voice - it can show it on my face and Cam is oblivious but if he hears it in my voice he would panic. We left school and went home counting the seconds we could keep his eye in for.
A phone call to the childrens hospital bought about a dash down the motorway and a 2 1/2 hour wait - fantastic with a stressed out cam !!

The outcome of all this is that we are now getting Cams operation on 15th march. I feel a bit like I won the battle but not the war. The only thing I really wanted to hear today was that it had all disappeared and he no longer needed an operation - I know and pigs fly but everyone can dream eh !

I still fear this operation which is not like me at all I have this feeling of dread deep down in my stomach that just wont go away - not exactly a good reason.
So 15th March is D day - 7th March is his birthday and i really have to banish the thought that it could be his last or ill drive myself insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment