Saturday, 26 December 2009

Christmas x x x

Yesterday was the best day ever!!!! I had 4 happy kids and a normal family day what more could anybody want for Christmas???

Start at the beginning me and Wayne woke up at silly o clock at had coffee waiting fro the kids to come charging into the bedroom - still waiting at 7am and eventually a little face made it into our room at 7.30am. Now I'm sure all the parents that were woken up at 5am will argue with me here but what happened to excited kids bouncing on parents beds ???? so Dan was first quickly followed By preteen Ben who I have to add was only going fro a wee until he saw Dan ad realised it was morning - a quick mental war in his head followed between bed and presents I'm happy to announce presents did eventually win !!
The 2 of them were so excited to get down and open presents that the whole present opening session lasted about 10 minutes
Then it was Cam that arrived downstairs and sat on the floor expecting presents to magically appear.Christmas is a time when his aspergers really shows because Cam doesn't like his presents wrapped so we dumped them on his lap in a sack and he looked very unamused at still not being able to see everything instantly. He then decided with a floor of wrapping paper from the other 2 that he was going to make his WWe ring up and promptly emptied all the bits onto the mountain of paper ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.
I'm happy to say that everyone chipped in to pick up the paper and find all the bits and them Wayne set to making it fro him so crisis was averted !!!
Keira bless did make an appearance at around 9am but as she was so excited on Christmas eve i actually think that was quite a good time for her to wake up !!
She had no reaction to the dolls house she was begging for for the last 3 months when I asked if she liked it she just replied yeah but i knew Santa was getting that !!! Such wisdom from a 3 yr old.
We then opened the few pressies from relatives friends and each other the kids and Wayne had bought me a Tinkerbell figurine with the inscription Believe and your dreams will come true !!
I'm sorry to say it made me cry - just so apt !!!
The rest of the day passed with playing silly games and watching Cams new DVD Leroy and Stitch - kids laughed at me crying at the start where Lilo had to say Goodbye to Stitch - It was sad but not sure it really warranted the total sobbing that I gave it !! I'm blaming the glass of wine just before the film went on for the over the top reaction !!
Kids were all tucked up in bed by 8pm exhausted but declaring the day the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER !! I have to agree kids x x x

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear Christmas Day went so well. You're a better woman then I am getting up BEFORE the kids! My two had to practically drag me out of bed by my ankles....a morning person I am not. Things went relativly well for us. A nice relaxing day full of turkey, candy and Wii games :)

    I'm with you on the crying jag....sat down to watch Up and if I hadn't seen it before, to know what was coming, or had a drink of wine before hand I would have been sobbing....that movie does me in in at least four places!!

    Happy New Year!!

    Applemomma (Dawn)

    ReplyDelete